Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cooking Craftiness

Yes I would like to add cooking to my repertoire of all-things-crafty! I love to cook and wish I had more time or less hunger at the times I'd like to make a big fancy dinner. (Most times I'm too hungry to wait long enough for the food to finish before I've snacked on half-a-dozen other things!). So last night, even though I had no time whatsoever, I really, REALLY wanted to make this recipe I saw online for Hearty Potato Soup. Better yet, the soup was in delicious-looking bread bowls, which I quickly noticed they also had a link to make from scratch as well. If you know me, I love making anything from scratch... it totally goes hand-in-hand with the craftiness and art of cooking! Here are the results of my bread-making "experiment"... my little loaves weren't big enough to hold really any soup at all, so I just cut them in half and ate the soup with chunks of bread... oh well! It was still very tasty. One of my goals is to master the art of bread and pie dough from scratch.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! What a perfect soup for a cold winter meal! I want to bake more breads too - we'll have to encourage each other!

    ReplyDelete