Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Ideas!

I try to restrain from making New Year's resolutions because I don't like to be disappointed when I can't stick to them! But one thing I have wanted to do for quite a while now is start a blog. This is actually my 3rd attempt at writing and keeping up a blog; it's mostly the latter that I have the issue with. So instead of a resolution, I'm going to make a 'commitment' (that sounds better than 'resolution', lol) to write more often, and what better way to do it than in a casual blog setting?!

I stopped by the store the other day to pick up a few supplies to finish a baby blanket I am making for a friend's shower when I saw this pattern:


They are 'bootie' slippers, lined with Cuddle soft fleece!! I must make a pair soon. They are designed by Lila Teuller Designs and her blog is full of amazing fabric and projects. I described them to my mom and she has already lined up for me to make her a pair once I'm done with mine! I am still trying to come up with projects to use all the fabric I bought for our wedding and I think I could definitely use some of it here.

I'm also busy knitting away; I just ordered some new supplies that I'm very antsy to receive from KnitPicks.com. One of these items are blocking boards and I have a project finished and ready to block right now (hurry up FedEx!). It's funny because the blocking boards are simply 12"x12" foam squares that interlock together, just like the sets you buy kids to play on or you can buy for exercise areas. In my attempt for instant gratification of having them right now, I tried to find them at a nearby store. NO luck! I started at Fred Meyers (bought some mascara here), then went to Target (almost bought some shoes here), then over to Kohl's (my iPhone said they had them, but later realized they were online only) where I found some amazing sweaters for only $10 as the store was closing. So of course I had to buy 2 sweaters! Then I went to Wal-Mart and of course they didn't have the blocks either, so on my way out I discovered an amazingly cute line of clothes (I know, it's Wal-Mart of all places)... but a few shirts caught my eye and I couldn't resist. Come to find out, they are by a combo of Miley Cyrus and Max Azria (perfect) and then when I saw they were $12 a shirt, I bought 3.
So I came home empty-handed as far as the blocks go, but a bought 5 new shirts and some mascara. Talk about random. I don't know why those blocks were so hard to find in a brick and mortar store... they are all over the place online! It seems like one of those things that are everywhere when you don't need it and nowhere when you do.

1 comment:

  1. Those booties look fun! Make your sister-in-law a pair too!! (I agree, your wedding fabric will be perfect for these.)

    :o)
    L

    ReplyDelete